
These are my latest mittens. I wanted to post a photo of Dan's "Torque", or hat, but he always seems to have it on.:)
I still haven't settled on what to make for Andres. Part of me wants to make him a beautiful, intricate pair of Estonian mittens. They are amazing, but look very intimidating. Another part of me wants to make him a traditional Maine pair. Hey, maybe I should make both!
This is the Fleur-de-lis mitten. I am knitting these for my friend Deb,to celebrate her French heritage. The French people of Maine and Canada used slightly different techniques in shaping the mitten. I love the simplicity of the design. Isn't it pretty?

These mittens are my very favorite. They are called "Double-rolled" mittens. They are knitted with only one skein of yarn. Fleece in wrapped(or rolled) around the backside of the yarn making the soft, warm lining. The cuff is called a "shag" cuff. It is a slow process, but the end result is worth it.

I saw these mittens for the first time at the Common Ground Fair. I can't remember for sure if it was 1989 or 1990. I've always wanted to try them. This pair belongs to Dan and has already been worn through 2 snowplowing sessions. The tufts of fleece inside keep his hands toasty.

Garrett isn't interested in mittens at all, but he is willing to wear these. I copied the school mascot, a ghost called a "red eddie", from his team swim cap. He loves the way it looks, and I love that he has warm hands.:)

No comments:
Post a Comment