Since we returned from you-know-where last February, I have been busy knitting. In Europe we saw scarves, wraps and shawls everywhere.Little Man's caregivers are wonderful, and they love him so much! I want to give them something meaningful and useful and beautiful, too. I decided to make wraps out of worsted weight wool because winters are long and cold there. I had some excellent Ella Rae wool, and it came from Eastern Europe.:)My first 2 projects used up that stash. This summer, I dug around in my stash and found the white, cotton-linen yarn. I bought it on sale 75% off about 20 yrs. ago. How cool to finally have a use for it! It is
gorgeous yarn. I could never afford to buy that much full price.So, now I am knitting frantically to complete one last wrap. The pattern I am using is a very simple garter stitch triangle with fringe. It is not lacy and pretty, but the color is nice and the yarn is warm and cozy.
Meredith offered to model for me.:) This was my first attempt. It is called Tiger's Eye lace.

This one was my favorite to knit. The pattern seems very simple at first, but there is depth to the texture and color of the different stitches. It's warm,too.

This one looks complicated, but it is so easy and it knits up really fast. You have to feel this one to appreciate it. It is soft and silky, but there is a coarseness that the linen gives. I LOVE it!
4 comments:
You know where, ha!
I like them all but the white one is my favorite.
Oh wow! You're a really talented knitter! Such beautiful shawls! And what precious gifts; something made by hand, specially for them! I hope these gifts will be treasured!
- I'm blogging for Nadya; to help her find a family -
Sorry to be OT--but you mentioned the adornment ornaments on the No Greater Joy blog. I googled, but can't find them. Can you tell me what each one is so I could make my own?
Beautiful family. Best of luck on your new adoption journey.
Post a Comment