Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lyme Disease?

While I was working Wednesday morning I noticed a sore spot on the back of my left thigh. When I touched it, it moved-GROSS! So I skipped into the bathroom to check it out, and sure enough, it was a tick. I enlisted the aid of one of my coworkers to remove the tick because I couldn't reach it. She managed to remove the entire tick, and we examined it closely. It was not big for a tick, but larger than the deer ticks I have seen, and it did not seem to be engorged so I was not really concerned. The spot on my leg was sore though. The next morning I noticed it was still sore, so I checked it out. I had a tiny (smaller than a dime), but perfect bullseye around the bite. When I got home I looked up bullseye rashes. It looked like a small, less vibrant version of the rash. At bedtime, the pink outer ring was more oblong and wider than a quarter. I decided to call the nurse in the morning. By the time I got to the doctor's office yesterday afternoon the pink ring was barely visible. My doctor decided to play it safe and prescribed two weeks worth of doxycycline which I started taking today. This afternoon I started feeling lousy. I've probably talked myself into thinking I'm sick.:) Anyway, I'm glad now to be taking the antibiotics.

No comments: